Friday, October 10, 2008

Goals

Hola, buenas dias!

i hope you are ready to rock today!

we recently played at a big festival, which is a story about lessons learned that i will share another time, but in the pics i was shocked.

My perception of myself was different from reality... i looked different in the mirror than what i looked like outside... which made me think, where else do i fool myself? where else is my perception better/worse/different than reality?

how about you?

so begins the examination...

how did i get to this point? (insert random thought) how did our economy get here?

In my humble (wait for it)....... but very accurate (ahhh)...... opinion, i would say, in part, the responsibility lies in two areas:
1 Entities trying to do good wander from strong/good practices and with good intentions end up practicing bad habits

2 Lack of oversight and correction
My random thought is actually a thinly veiled analogy for my conclusion as how i got here...

So... i'd like some help with a portion of number 2 today, we'll tackle the remainder and number 1 in the coming posts...

Working backwards, i cannot oversee or correct my behavior and/or practices without having benchmarks/a set of goals to establish what my priorities and focus should be.

Open floor time…

What are some of your goals?

I would love to hear about your short(daily), medium(2-5 years), and long term goals and bucket list items.

Just to prime the pump, here are some goals and bucket list items I’m thinking about:

Run a marathon
Give more money away than I spend on myself/ my family
Be Christ to my wife, neighbors, city…
Reduce waist by 12 inches
Be focused on others not self
Carry more weight around the house when it comes to chores
Bench over 300 lbs
Run a 5k
Be 100% debt free, including house
Quit being a perfectionist and finding negative things
Become fluent in a new language
Have children, hopefully at some point a boy!!!!
Watch less TV
Discipline to follow and maintain the plan/schedule/diet
To treasure the journey, not just the destination
Earn industry designations, increase my knowledge
Lay it on me… what do you say? I will check this for the next year, so don’t be scared…help me out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go for it, man. I need to follow your example and put some goals out there. I'll never change my habits if I don't.
Uncle Tom